Abbe Hohmann is a commercial real estate professional with 35 years of experience working in all product sectors and across multiple jurisdictions in Indiana. Her capabilities in research and analysis provide clients with recommendations to make informed decisions with confidence, to maximize value while minimizing costs and risk, and to create positive outcomes, whether for a single asset or a portfolio.
Recent Professional Experience
- Indianapolis Public Schools Hohmann has represented IPS since 2014, formulating and implementing an aggressive, transparent process for disposition of surplus real estate. Twelve properties have sold with an aggregate sale value of $24M and redevelopment market value of $438M. A full list of transactions can be downloaded here.
- Citizens Energy Group Starting in 2015, Hohmann represented Citizens to determine redevelopment options for a 140 acre former coal-gasification site in Indianapolis, which was designated as a federal Promise Zone. A U.S. Department of Commerce EDA competitive grant resulted in a $350,000 award, matched by Citizens, to fund a 12-month redevelopment planning process. The result was a successful submission and final approval by EDA for additional funds. The property was sold in 2018 to the City of Indianapolis for the Community Justice Campus.
- Meijer, Inc. Hohmann represented Meijer in site selection and contract negotiations for new store sites at 56th Street and Keystone Avenue in Indianapolis (opened in 2016) and SR 32 and Spring Mill Road in Westfield, Indiana (under construction in 2020).
- Indianapolis Airport Authority In 2017 and 2018, Hohmann provided property research reports and evaluation of existing contracts for vacant land sites at Indianapolis International Airport and Metropolitan Airport in Fishers, Indiana.
- Lacy Farms Hohmann has represented the family of Andre Lacy for more than 20 years in positioning 560 acres of unimproved land in Brownsburg, Indiana, for future development. Activities have included rezoning, annexation, right-of way sales, utility easements and recently the sale of 21 acres for use as a 100,000 SF medical facility owned and operated by Hendricks Regional Health, which opened in 2018.
- Landers and DeRossi Parcels Hohmann represented long-time owners of land tracts in Morgan and Boone counties in successfully monetizing the properties utilizing the competitive auction format. Both auctions attracted multiple qualified bidders and achieved sales prices well above the owners’ expectations.
Relevant Volunteer Experience
- Indy Rezone, Chair, Steering Committee (5 years)
- Indianapolis-Marion County Building Authority, Chair, Board of Directors (6 years)
- United Way of Central Indiana, Chair, Capital Fund Committee (6 years)
- City of Indianapolis, Chair, Plat Committee (8 years)
- 16 Tech, Member, Initial Plan Task Force (2 years)
Hohmann earned a B.S. from Purdue University where she was recognized with a Distinguished Alumni award in 2006. She holds a CCIM designation, earned for proficiency in investment and commercial real estate analysis and practice and is a woman-owned business. Abbe was reocgnized in 2009 as a "Woman of Influence" by the Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ) and has been named multiple times to the list of "Who's Who in Commercial Real Estate" by the IBJ.
Abbe Hohmann's resume is available for download here.